· What is XTRAWeekly?
XTRAWEEKLY is a tool to help your after school students develop their information text and nonfiction reading and writing skills
· What are the three parts of the lesson plan?
1. A current event article is the first page
2. The second page is the questions for the students
3. The third page is the answer key for the teacher
· Where are the newspaper articles from?
From the Washington Post/Bloomberg News and McClatchy-Tribune news services
· Is the lesson plan based on state standards?
· How often is the lesson plan available and how do I get it?
The three-page lesson plan is available for 32 weeks during the
school year and is downloadable from this web site
· What grade levels is the program available for?
The lesson plans are available in two grade groups –
Grades 3-5 (Level I) and Grades 6-8 (Level II)
· How do I order?
If you are paying by credit card or check, simply go to the home page, hit subscribe, and follow the prompts.
If you are paying from a P.O., fax the P.O. to 858 481-7501. The P.O. will be posted within 24 hours. Simply then hit subscribe, follow the prompts, AND enter your P.O. number.